The band are currently streaming Auburn In The Everlast via Bandcamp.
The Flats announced on January 2nd that they would be releasing their new EP Auburn In The Everlast on January 6th. In preparation for the release, the band streamed three of the EP’s six tracks – ‘Electric Light’, ‘Unviable In Your World’ and ‘Transparent’ – throughout the week.
Speaking with Substream Magazine about the EP, frontman Chris Kerekes says:
“The Flats new EP is about entering into a new phase of my life. A rejuvenated- energetic phase while still acknowledging the reasons why I felt that the quality of my life was poor prior. That includes removing people from my life, having new people come into my life, feeling like I was finally living again and also taking a hard look in the mirror and taking responsibility for what I did to create the situation. The EP title Auburn In The Everlast is intended to abstractly say ‘negative things forever in the past.’ The idea conceptually came from the thought/feeling that red or auburn can be associated with negativity and the past is something that fits the description of something that is ‘everlasting.’”
- January 6th – Pontiac, MI – Pike Room
- January 7th – Chicago, IL – Concord Music Hall [Matt Kerekes only]
- January 8th – Cleveland, OH – Mahall’s
- January 10th – Hamden, CT – The Space
- January 11th – Boston, MA – Once Ballroom
- January 12th – Amityville, NY – Amityville Music Hall
- January 13th – Philadelphia, PA – Blackbox
- January 14th – New York, NY – Studio @ Webster Hall
- January 15th – Columbus, OH – Double Happiness